The current situation of the world is something which has never happened before and the truth is that dealing and coping with such a situation is not at all easy. Lockdown of the entire nation, in fact, the entire world has brought everything to a standstill. This lockdown has put a halt to the daily, routine activities too, the main one being exercise.
In today’s health-conscious world, people of all age groups are conscious of what they eat, how much they eat, how nutritious is the diet they take, what sort of exercise benefits the most so on and so forth.
But, in the current lockdown situation going out of the house for daily necessities has only become a nightmare, and with all the gyms closed exercise has become a distant dream. But, given the situation, everyone needs to stay healthy, lockdown or no lockdown. This situation should not be an excuse to be unhealthy or gain weight in a terrible manner for which we might regret later.
So, let’s see how we can maintain a healthy weight and stay healthy during the lockdown too…
- Make sure to maintain your normal schedule. Sleeping on time, eating on time, waking up on time is mandatory to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Just because you are staying at home doesn’t mean you turn into a nocturnal creature and sleep the entire morning and stay awake at night. Follow the right daily routine !!!
- Make sure you use this time to explore yoga and meditation to keep yourself fit. Practicing yoga and meditation early in the morning activates your body physically and mentally and also keeps you physically fit.
- Eat healthily. Don’t binge eat high calories and carbohydrates which may have an adverse effect on your weight. Understand your body’s metabolism and eat accordingly.
- This is the best time to awaken the chef in you. Cook healthy snacks and cuisines which will make your stomach content and also assure that you don’t put on weight.
- Keep yourself busy. Clean and decorate your house in your leisure time. It is both therapeutic and also acts as a form of exercise.
- Instead of running in the gym, you can resort to skipping, push-ups, aerobic exercises at your home itself.
- Monitoring what you eat and how much you eat is the most important thing during such a situation. People tend to binge eat junk food and unhealthy snacks which will increase that extra fat without your knowledge.
- Avoid being a couch potato and lazing around without doing anything. Keep yourself active and indulge in exciting and healthy hobbies.
- Keep a check on your weight if possible and if you feel those extra calories, observe fasting for a day with fruits and fruit juices as your diet. This will create a healthy balance and burn those extra calories.
- Ensure you follow a proper daily routine and eat at intervals instead of gorging on whatever you find, at once. Keeping a personal check on your diet is the most important thing.
Following a disciplined routine, eating and sleeping on time, eating healthy, exercising daily without fail are few things that will make you avoid putting on any extra weight in this period of lockdown. Stay Healthy… Stay Safe !!!